Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Years un-resolutions

I hate New Year's resolutions. I never keep them, so why bother?


For my first post of 2016, I'll post the things I am resolved not to worry about.


I will not worry about weight loss.
  • I need to lose weight. Always. But I'm not going to focus on a number. Goals haven't worked in the past. I'll just promise to eat better and see what happens.
  
I will exercise as much as I can stand.
  • Maybe I'll exercise more than I did in 2015. Maybe not. I bought a FitBit to track my steps since I'm serious about getting healthier. But no goals for exercise. I'll strive to do my best, whatever that is.

 I will not sign up for any challenge about the number of books I read.
  • I read a lot. 100+ books in 2015. I'm not sure precisely how many, nor do I care. Part of the pleasure of books is to read as much as I want, when I want. That sounds like a pretty good plan for 2016.

I won't estimate how many books I can write.
  • I write slowly. Very slowly. Two books a year are a stretch for me. I'm contracted in 2016 for three, and they're already in various stages of completion. I resolve to finish them. I resolve to write the best quality stories I can. Anything more than that is a bonus.

So there you are. I want to be healthier, read more, and write well. But no pressure, 'cause I work better without it.

Oh, wow, I've just thought of something that I will resolve to do.


I will travel as much as I can afford.
  • This photo is from a trip to Costa Rica. I like palm trees, beaches, and the ocean. I think my next trip should be to Hawaii. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment